Location: Eugene, OR
Name: Ashvin Raghuvanshi
Job Title: Ehs Specialist
Location: Eugene, OR
EH&S Specialist IPosition Objective The Environmental, Health and Safety temporary position will assist in maintaining current EHS programs of compliance and best practices relative to employee health and environmental sustainability. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide administrative assistance to EHS including, but not limited to, maintaining regulatory records, maintaining employee training records, coordinating onboarding safety training, tracking metrics, requesting Purchase Orders, managing invoices, etc.
• Assist Sustainability Staff and Green Committee with regular duties and special projects
• Assist Safety Staff and Safety Committees with regular duties and special projects
• Assist with and document follow-up to reported jobsite hazards
• Assist with and document follow-up and closure of audit findings
• Help place orders when materials are identified for both EHS and Facilities departments
• Communicate openly and effectively with team members and employees
• Work effectively within established team to leverage all resources
• Work closely with EHS to prioritize work assignments and respond to requests.
• Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Ability to influence others without authority
• Results and detail oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, focus on Excel and Power Point)
• Ability to anticipate needs and problems while creating solutions
• Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, and challenges the status quo
• Greets challenge and change as opportunity
• Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
• Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
• Posses the ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace
• Basic knowledge of lean six sigma tools and methodologies
• Ability to work effectively with a broad range of people and backgrounds
Degree in a Science, Engineering, Environmental Science or Sustainability from an accredited program.