Patient Account Representative
Location: Belleville, IL, IL
Name: Eternity Edwards
WHY WE NEED YOU
HCFS, Inc. is a Revenue Cycle Solution and Third-Party Eligibility Company hired by hospitals & hospital systems to provide excellent patient support & advocacy to people in the community while providing operational and technology-based solutions to maximize reimbursement for the services provided.
Your commitment & success in this role will not only help relieve some of the patient’s financial burden, it will also generate additional revenue for the hospital while continuing to make HCFS a profitable organization.
MORE DETAILS ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Your role, as our Patient Account Representative, includes the following:
- Meeting with under-insured or uninsured patients to explore & identify all possible eligibility program solutions/options
- Obtaining patient demographic, financial and medical information and supporting documentation to support medical coverage approval
- Instructing patients on application completion specifics to obtain medical coverage approval & payment of services
- Maintaining the progression of patient accounts to properly code, close and suspend accounts
- Reviewing account details to ensure procedures have been followed for transmittal, closure, & payment
- Engaging & establishing working relationships with your HCFS team, hospital contacts, and various state and county offices
- Receiving comprehensive training to make you the SMS (Subject Matter Expert) with all eligibility program guidelines
Your professional approach to this job matters & must be in alignment with our Company’s Core Values:
- TRUST and be trustworthy
- Being GENUINE (what you see is what you get)
- Provide a COLLABORATIVE environment
- Inspire UNITY
- Expect EXCELLENCE
THE “MUST HAVES” (aka the minimum job requirements)
- Strong concept of patient advocacy - expect to help someone every day
- Exceptional follow-through and job execution skills – handling high volume, filing applications timely & progressing account to payment is the goal!
- Solid written and verbal communication skills - building a professional connection will elevate your performance
- Excellent customer service skills - how you say it matters....
- Strong typing & computer skills to fully utilize our technology offerings
- Consistent punctuality & attendance are required
- Proposed Schedule:
- Tues - Sat: 11 AM - 8PM / Sun & Mon: Off Days
Working knowledge of Medicaid guidelines & having the ability to speak conversational Spanish are a plus!