Service Technician II, HVAC Break / Fix
Location: Lakewood Township, NJ
Req/Job ID: 987622BR
Employing Entity: Transform SR Home Improvement Products LLC
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Job Function: Repair/Installation
Store ID: 24809: SHP HVAC New Jersey South
Join the Sears Home Services team as an HVAC Technician!
No On-Call Work! No Sundays! Join Us Today!
At Sears, we provide our HVAC Techs competitive pay and ongoing training in a collaborative, supportive, and team-oriented setting. In the repair technician role, you will enjoy working independently as a representative of a leading retailer and in-home service provider.
For the HVAC Service Technician, we provide the following:
- Service van
- Laptop computer
- Industry training
- Career opportunities
The HVAC Technician
is responsible for providing timely and quality repairs of customers' products (Heat Pumps, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Gas and Oil Furnaces & Boilers) while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Additionally, this position promotes and sells additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the Company.
- Diagnoses and repairs HVAC equipment in the customer's home and gives the customer an accurate estimate of the cost of repair if applicable
- Recognizes and acts upon every opportunity to drive revenue through the Value Added Services Program (VASP) (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, generating customer interest in new Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems as appropriate) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer
- Uses basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair or test various productsregarding the HVAC equipment
- Works as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
- Maintains high level of customer satisfaction through efficient and timely customer resolution
- Maintains the highest level of service standards and communicates openly with District Technical Manager to assist as needed with resolving HVACcustomer issues
- Maintains truck stock inventory and ensures maintenance schedules are within the Company guidelines (i.e., wash truck weekly, oil changes), and ensures tools and equipment are in safe operating condition
- Completes all Break/Fix Technician training elements within required timeframes
- Installs new HVAC systems and related accessories according to safety and manufacturer's specifications
- Ensures complete protection of customer's property by installing and servicing Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment and material in a safe, professional and expeditious manner
- Removes any equipment necessary for the installation of new HVAC product and material according to manufacturer's specifications
- Cleans up work areas, including any areas that were utilized for the installation process
- Manage and maintain company assets such as corporate credit card, gas card, assigned HVAC equipment, inventory, company van, etc
- Performs other duties as assigned
- EPA Certification Required
- Complete knowledge of all tools, equipment and materials used to perform services on Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) units
- Ability to communicate, read, understand and apply written text of a technical nature in order to answer questions, solve problems, make decisions or complete job tasks
- Ability to read, write and speak English and communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, managers and consumers
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time as needed in geographical areas outside area of residence, both in-state (most of the time) and out-of-state (occasionally)
- Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including significant overtime as needed.
- Ability to follow appropriate industry specific regulations related to the handling of hazardous materials
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, twist, reach, climb and lift/carry up to 75 lbs
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Years of Related HVAC Experience: 3-4 Years
- Driver's License Required: Yes
- Travel Requirements: 25%
- Age Requirement: 18+
EEO/EOE/Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.