Commercial Model Implementation Team Leader
Location: Cleveland, OH
About the Job
For its Model Development Group within the Finance organization, KeyCorp is looking for a Quantitative Team leader to lead model implementation and analytics for commercial credit portfolios. A successful candidate will integrate well with partners across the enterprise, including Line of Business Executives, Model Risk Management, Balance Sheet and Capital Management, as well as regulators such as the Federal Reserve and the OCC.
Essential Job Functions
This position will manage a team of quantitative analysts responsible for implementing, updating and monitoring Key’s commercial risk rating models and economic capital models. This individual will act as a senior level resource and resident expert on business practices, credit underwriting guidelines, and credit policies.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Modeling & Economic Capital Analytics, the primary responsibilities of the team leader will include:
- Leading the implementation of commercial risk rating and economic capital models
- Working closely with the model development team, providing advice and recommendations based on feedback from line of business and credit executives
- Shape and prioritize the team’s efforts based on the needs of Risk Management partners and regulators
- Providing support in model design and implementation, including improving data quality
- Leading and guiding a team of quantitative analysts
- Participating in industry and firm-wide regulatory committees to influence policy creation and ensure that such policies are consistent with regulatory requirements
- Efficiently and effectively assessing and deciding on process risks and identifying potential control weaknesses
- 5+ years of commercial lending experience
- BS with formal credit training, CFA or CPA preferred
- Experience with commercial lending products and familiar with financial ratios frequently used in the credit write-ups
- Exposure to banks analytical model/tools, particularly the tools used in the credit analysis, for example RiskCalc
- A leader and a motivator – ability recruit, retain and advance great people
- A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility across the organization and with regulators
- Hands-on approach, with proven execution/process skills. Organized and focused on delivering results.
- Impeccable integrity, sound judgment, and strategic vision.
- Excellent communications skills – internally and externally, including with regulators.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.