Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Eurofins Transplant Genomics, Inc. (TGI) is committed to improving organ transplant outcomes with noninvasive serial monitoring guided by genomics. TGI's extensive development pipeline includes diagnostic and predictive tests for kidney and liver graft dysfunction, the use of multiple sample types and technology platforms, companion diagnostics for immunosuppressant and immune status tests.
TGI is searching for a Senior Scientist in Lee's Summit, MO. This Senior Scientist will be responsible for the leadership of assay ideation, design, development, validation, and improvement efforts for molecular assays surrounding post-transplant diagnostics.
Senior Scientist Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
Develop and exhibit expertise in molecular assays, specifically focusing on gene expression assays performed on multiplexed RT-qPCR, microarray and/or RNASeq/NGS platforms
- When required, provide leadership, supervision and technical guidance/oversight for Research Scientists, and for projects that these scientists are leading and contributing to ensure program productivity and efficiency
- Work closely and effectively with VP of Marketing to ensure R&D efforts are aligned with product goals, and with VP of R&D and R&D managers to ensure that projects are progressing and milestones are achieved pursuant to organization timelines
- Work closely and effectively with Research Scientists to prioritize use of equipment and facilities for maximum productivity and efficiency
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external clients regarding scientific issues/projects
- Write verification/validation reports and SOPs in accordance with established guidelines
- Maintain and enhance R&D laboratory resources (facilities, equipment, and reagents)
- Ensure project cost objectives are met and communicated
- Serve as team member on various ongoing and future new test idea generation projects
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with clinical laboratory team to allow effective, coordinated assay transition from the R&D phase to clinical use
- Develop an effective working relationship with Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance to assure R&D laboratory is in compliance with established guidelines for documentation, quality and safety
- When appropriate, recruit and hire a sufficient number of qualified and trained laboratory assistants to maintain and support R&D activities
- When appropriate, conduct regular individual meetings with R&D Scientists that focus on execution of their respective responsibilities and project priorities
- Communicate program objectives to cross-functional teams (clinical laboratory, regulatory teams)
- Implement quality systems and quality assurance within diagnostic development efforts
- Commitment to a high quality of work and at the same a high level of productivity
- Maintain current knowledge of advances in pertinent scientific fields, as well as knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations germane to molecular and diagnostic laboratories, through attending lectures, seminar, professional conferences and courses
- Regularly contribute to laboratory team meetings that focus on associate training, associate development and continuous improvement in laboratory processes
- When appropriate, identify and develop training programs for R&D Scientists and dedicated staff
- Preparation of poster presentations for national scientific meetings
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Expertise and experience in molecular biology/genomics development and validation, verifiable through patents, publication or description of completed projects
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated proven experience in managing complex projects, ability to succeed even with challenging projects, appreciation of priorities and critical factors.
- Substantial technical writing abilities for protocols, study reports, regulatory communications and manuscripts
- An innovative and prepared mind to identify and protect unique intellectual properties is a bonus
- Commitment to and track record of high quality of work
- Experience with quality systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other groups
- Goal oriented, with excellent timeline/milestone management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, or a related field is required
- 3 - 5 years diagnostic and/or molecular research laboratory experience preferred
- At least 2 years of experience on assay development, validation and transition to a clinical environment
- Authorization to work in the Unites States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lee's Summit, MO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.