Public Relations Associate
Location: Princeton, NJ
Today, we are looking for a Public Relations Associate for Princeton, NJ. If you want to be a part of a dynamic and growing brand, and possess superior public relations skills, we invite you to take a closer look at this exciting career opportunity.
This is a unique, visible and key opportunity in Miele’s marketing group for domestic products. Successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following functions:
To oversee the day-to-day PR efforts for Miele. Supporting the Company’s value-added Public Relations program in order to leverage and maximize brand exposure, which includes but is not limited to:
- Develop strategic public relations plans and press outreach calendar;
- Write, edit and distribute press releases and other articles about the company;
- Oversight and management of Miele’s online pressroom (press releases, image gallery, multi-media content, annual publications, etc.);
- Maintain positive working relationship with media members;
- Lead media relations outreach and requests;
- Coordinate the development and submission of articles for the Miele newsletter, Magazine, and Kitchen Experience microsite;
- Support the Marketing Department with all public relations, marketing and events strategy and market-specific initiatives (direct mail, outreach projects, added value programs, marketing initiatives, etc.) to support sales, build client base and appropriately position Miele;
- Work closely with Events and Digital team to determine well rounded communications programs;
- Partner with Project Management to support the development of campaign strategies that aid product launches;
- Making the appropriate connections between members of the press and authorized Miele spokespeople in order to obtain solid, factual and enthusiastic press coverage for the brand (company, people, products, technologies, etc.);
- Facilitate joint-venture public relations efforts and events, where possible, with Miele’s key account contact;
- Lead submissions for company awards;
- Assist with the coordination of all residential trade shows – from conceptualization to final execution;
- Monitor media coverage and assist in the formation of a positive public narrative surrounding company.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a public relations coordinator or similar position
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Proficiency in English
- A creative yet practical mind
- BS/BA in PR, communications, journalism or relevant field
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Travel approximately 25%
What does it take for a family run company to become world market leader in the premium domestic appliance and commercial machine segment? It takes more than offering average products, run-of-the-mill service or short-sighted actions. It also requires the aspiration to do it forever better and to be forever better. This stance accounts for a good working environment at Miele and the success of our products.
Our colleagues can rest assured that those who live up to our standards of quality and professionalism grow personally and professionally. No matter if they are at entry levels or managers.
Miele asks a lot of its employees. They are expected to develop and manufacture worldwide market premium products that are 'Immer Besser'. In return, they receive the most valuable thing Miele can give them: that they themselves become 'Immer Besser' - in all of their professional and personal abilities.
'Immer Besser' is therefore an entrepreneurial success principle from which customers and employees benefit in equal measure. We call this principle 'MAKE IT BETTER. BE BETTER'.
Miele is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports and enforces a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA:M/F/D/V