Location: Odessa, TX
Utilize mechanical expertise to support the needs of the company in a professional, safe and timely manner. Works to keep all equipment in top running condition through an effective preventive maintenance program.
- Conduct general maintenance and preventive maintenance on transport, bobtail, and small fleet trucks.
- Ensure that all repairs and PM's are completed according to the manufacturers' and Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) specification and guidelines.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Ensure work area is clean after each job.
- Ensure all work documentation conforms to PTL policies.
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of general heavy duty diesel truck mechanic experience and/or technical school equivalent.
- Must have own hand and pneumatic tools.
- Basic knowledge of diesel engine repairs.
- Ability to inspect, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair brakes.
- Ability to inspect, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair Air Conditioning issues.
- Experience in a team-oriented, collaborative work groups.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, responsibilities, strategies, demands and timelines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, mange time, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to perform and complete DOT inspections.
- Ability to inspect, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair minor electrical issues.
- Ability to inspect, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair wheels and tires.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate a 2-way radio, and follow instructions.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations.
- Ability to keep accurate records of loads and equipment condition.
- Ability to read and understand written documentation.
- Previous off highway heavy equipment or haul truck operation in an open pit mining environment is preferred.
- Previous experience working in an active open pit mine preferred.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work overtime as business and customer demand dictates.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Brake and Air Conditioning Certification required
- Level 1 Mechanic Certification or experience commiserate to successfully perform functions of the position
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Standing, stooping, bending, doing work overhead for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Some travel may be required.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.