Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within Stanley Engineered Fastening automotive division, an opening is currently available for a Cold Forming Operator B at our Montpelier, IN plant.
Under general supervision and according to established policy and procedures, operates various sizes and types of machines automatically shaping parts to blueprint specifications and set up charts. Complies with all safety rules.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Operate multiple cold forming and parts forming machines
- Read measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers and related equipment
- Perform adjustments and replacement to maintain a quality part
- Perform catch pan quality checks
- Responsible for supplying own tools/micrometers
- Operator forklift/PIV to move tubs and raw material as needed
- Moves scrap and finished parts from machinery
- Collecting worn tools from machines
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Must be able to work overtime
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Competencies (5-10 Critical Areas of Understanding/Practice for the role):
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Basic computer skills to enter data and look up job information
- Mechanical ability, prior cold forming experience preferred
- Mathematical ability (add, subtract, multiply and divide), practical application of percentages and ratios
- Ability to read and write, understand instructions in written, verbal or diagrammatic form; write simple instruction to provide manufacturing information
- Practical application of fractions, proportion and geometric construction
- Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Personal Protective Equipment
- Walking, standing, using steps frequently
- Use of hands, arms, and fingers, reaching regularly
- Lifting and carrying 5-35 pounds regularly; occasionally lifting 35+ pounds, use of a crane for heavy loads
- Stooping, kneeling occasionally
- Use of eyes to visually inspect parts
- Hearing protection
- Safety Glasses
- Safety shoes – slip resistant and safety toe
- Other additional PPE may be required when operating machinery or using chemicals.
Inside the working environment, on the production floor; the floor becomes slippery with oil. Noise levels on the production floor require hearing protection, the temperature fluctuates dependent on season. Working around powered industrial vehicles. Working with and around oil and chemicals.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.