Business Systems Analyst III
Location: Cleveland, OH
AmTrust Financial is seeking a skilled Business Systems Analyst III to join our team here in downtown Cleveland. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills and will work closely with both the development team and business managers. They will participate in developing functional requirements, testing, training and implementation of applications.
- Provide status to team leads and project managers.
- Develops and delivers end user training for new or enhanced applications.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Act as primary liaison between users and IT project team.
- Coordinates with end users in the core areas of underwriting, product management, claims and operations to determine requirements for systems development or revision.
- Troubleshoot all system problems and coordinates resolution with programming staff to ensure that system changes are appropriate and viable.
- Participates in production implementation, verification and accountable for validating particular enhancements.
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and functionality.
- Participate in steering committees to analyze, prioritize and deliver systems development issues.
- Performs gap analysis and documents results.
- Collects and defines requirements, translates into functional design documents and participates in the technical design, test planning and user documentation processes.
- Participates in software design, prototyping, construction and testing of new or enhanced applications.
- Works closely with Architects, Developers, QA and users to ensure that developed functionality meets requirements.
- Leads project teams and meetings to ensure regular communication and technical expertise are shared with project members in the achievement of system business plans.
- Writes detailed specifications for new or revised systems to ensure that business requirements are met by internal resources. Obtains business area sign-off.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Commercial Lines Property & Casualty insurance highly desired.
- Experience running requirements gathering sessions.
- Experience with full SDLC methodology including requirements, design, testing and support in an agile environment.
- 6 plus years of experience in the design and development of complex business systems preferably in the Property & Casualty insurance industry.
- Experience with manual regression testing, developing test plans and test cases.
- Experience gathering and documenting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical staff and convey complex ideas both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively with a team environment.
- Superior knowledge in application techniques.
- Flexible team player who can work in a fast paced environment where ambiguity exists and priorities are subject to change.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Willingness to travel.
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.