General Warehouse Labor
Location: New Albany, IN
- This position requires the employee to feed and catch/pack cartons on a gluing machine at a pace that keeps up with the required speed of the machine and perform/supporting duties for the purpose of manufacturing folded and glued cartons
- Inspects finished product for quality defects, stacking finished product onto a pallet per company specifications.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Working on gluer feeding & catching cartons
- Sorting cartons for defects
- Assists operator on gluer
- Stacks Filter Frames to meet customer specifications
- Inspects finished products for quality defects
- Uses stretch wrappers to wrap finished product
- Uses banding machine to secure finished product.
- Uses manual hand truck to move finished product.
- Maintains the Housekeeping standards in the finishing department.
- Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments while Reinforcing standards and core values.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Manager
- Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
- Strictly adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations
- High School Diploma or GED
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- 1 to 2 Years Manufacturing experience.
- 1 year of Quality Control experience
- Basic computer skills, data entry
- Visual Color Discrimination, the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of colors
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, understand technical written (and verbal) instructions, and carry out instructions.
- good attendance, able to motivate other team members and participate in teams and processes
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to work either 8 or 12 hours a day with frequent overtime
- Standing and bending for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. and push and pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear safety shoes, ear protection and eye protection.
- Must be able to work in areas of fluctuating temperatures.