Financial Planning and Analyst
Location: Irvine, CA
Our client is currently seeking a Financial Planning and Analyst to join their team in the Irvine, CA area for a DIRECT HIRE, PERMANENT POSITION.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Lead all FP&A functions including but not limited to annual budgeting, forecasting, analysis of actual-to-budget and actual-to-forecast. Annual budgeting will include but not be limited to Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Capital Projects
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls and department policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Health Plans, governmental agencies
- Manage preparation and present to senior leadership team complete and accurate monthly, year-end financial results package comparing budget to actual
- Produce and enhance weekly, monthly and annual KPI reporting
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, medical expenses, and operating costs
- Oversee team of analysts working with business segments ensuring operators understand at great detail key drivers of value within their areas, diagnose variances to budget and forecast, prioritize investments and support decision making
- Project and evaluate EBIDA margins on existing and new business
- Identify and track significant contractual terms and capture in forecasts, including cost saving initiatives (medical and operating expense initiatives, vendor contract efforts, or medical utilization interventions); and revenue enhancement initiatives (e.g. Risk-Adjustment revenue, P4P/STARs, rate negotiations).
- Lead sometimes difficult discussions with operational leaders to identify performance improvement opportunities and initiate programs to build efficiencies / optimize results
- Mentor staff, create and monitor annual performance goals, and provide growth opportunities through guidance, education and training, monitor job performance and offer feedback and assistance when needed
- Builds cross-functional relationships within the department and across other departments including but not limited to Accounting, IT, Payroll, Physician Reimbursement, and Purchasing with regard to general ledger activity and department needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 5 years of managing a high-performing team
- At least 5 years of finance experience in a health plan, risk-bearing medical group or managed care MSO/IPA organization
- Preferred: MBA or CPA with 2+ years in public accounting firm
- Solid accounting, financial forecasting/budgeting, financial discipline and knowledge of medical economics.
- Experience presenting to C-Suite executives.
- Interpersonal skills, multi-tasking ability, strong Excel skills, Power Point, familiarity with computerized financial systems, familiarity with internal control procedures.