Production Machine Operator
Location: Carlisle, PA
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Why Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA at our Entenmann’s Carlisle Bakery a Production Machine Operator:
• Great starting pay: $16.62 per hour
• Pay for skills program to increase pay rate
• Excellent benefits with low premiums - medical, dental & vision
• Stable Union position
• Company sponsored Health & Wellness Program, Discount program, and gym reimbursement
Production Machine Operator Position Summary:
The Production Machine Operator is an entry level role in our plant/bakery and is a valuable member of the production team focused on safely and consistently producing the highest quality product possible for customers.
Production Machine Operator Key Job Responsibilities:
• Ensures and maintains a safe environment compliant with all BBU, OSHA, and/or governmental policies and procedures
• Follows and enforces Food Safety & Food Quality Plans to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Standards, the SQF certification system, and other 3rd party audits
• Performs various duties including, but not limited to; safe operation of machinery (mixer, oven, pan setter, trayer, etc), packaging products, mixing ingredients, and moving and/or stacking materials and equipment used in the production of fresh baked products.
• Acts with a Continuous Improvement mindset and focus on improving efficiencies and decreasing waste
• Assists with and fills in for other positions & duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule Hiring for:
• Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off rotate (2-2-3 schedule)
• Shift Start Time: 6:00 pm (12 hour shifts)
• Overtime may be needed dependent upon business needs
Production Machine Operator Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED is preferred
• Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes
• Prior experience or training in manufacturing or supply-chain environment is preferred
• Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail
• Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off), and holidays when needed
• Physical requirements: ability to work 8+ hour shifts, lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry pans, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures
• Must be 18 years of age or older
Internal Job Title: Baker’s Helper, Wrapper Operator, Mixer, Stacker, Oven Operator, Bagger Operator, Jobber, Production Trainee, etc
Keywords: Production Associate, Machine Operator, General Labor, Production Labor, Manufacturing Associate, Production Technician, Production Worker, Manufacturing Associate, Manufacturing Worker, Line Operator, Line Worker, Production Employee, Packaging Operator
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.