HVAC Service Tech II (Rockville, MD)
Location: Redland, MD
Req/Job ID: 988330BR
Employing Entity: Transform SR Home Improvement Products LLC
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Job Function: Repair/Installation
Store ID: 24801: SHP HVAC Washington, DC Exter
Join the team as a HVAC Service Technician! *
MD Journeyman or Masters Lic required*
We are seeking an experienced HVAC Service Technician with a great attitude and the ability to help customers with their HVAC repairs. We provide competitive pay and ongoing training in a collaborative, supportive, and team-oriented setting. In the repair technician role, you will enjoy working independently as a representative of a leading retailer and in-home service provider.
For the HVAC Technician we provide the following:
- Service Van
- Specialized tools
- Laptop computer
- Industry training
- Competitive Pay plus up to 16% Commission
- MD Journeyman's/ Masters License Required
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills required
- Excellent customer service, strong work ethic and attention to detail are a must.
- Clean driving record, basic computer skills, a positive attitude and professional demeanor also required.
Required Skills: *State Journeyman's or Master License is required*
- Uses basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair or test various products.
- Follows the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, and generating customer interest in new Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems as appropriate) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer.
- Maintains truck stock inventory and ensures maintenance schedules are within the Company guidelines (i.e., wash truck weekly, oil changes), and ensures tools and equipment are in safe operating condition.
- Installs new HVAC systems and related accessories according to safety and manufacturer's specifications
- Ensures complete protection of customer's property by installing and servicing Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment and material in a safe, professional and expeditious manner
- Removes any equipment necessary for the installation of new HVAC product and material according to manufacturer's specifications
- Cleans up work areas, including any areas that were utilized for the installation process
- Driver's License Required: Yes
- Travel Requirements: 25%
- Age Requirement: 18+
EEO/EOE/Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including significant overtime as needed.
- Ability to follow appropriate industry specific regulations related to the handling of hazardous materials
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to access interior and exterior landscapes