Location: Columbus, OH
Req/Job ID: 986500BR
Employing Entity: Transform SR LLC
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Job Function: Finance/Accounting
Store ID: 25016: Sears Corp. Columbus OH
The Director, Finance acts as the CFO of the Sears Home & Business Franchises and is responsible for overseeing the daily and long-term activities, strategies and policies of all Accounting activities in a manner that will ensure support for the business plan and related objectives, including, but not limited to control functions, accounting, credit, financial analysis, planning and reporting, inventory, capital planning, real estate and payroll.
This position functions as part of the Sears Franchise Business leadership team and is responsible for the direction and coordination of Sears Franchise Business financial affairs, according to generally acceptable Accounting principles, Sears' financial requirements and Government regulations.
The Director, Finance reports to the Home Services VP of Finance and is responsible for oversight and risk assessment of network in which there are currently 120 franchise operations in over 350 territories.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Confers with other members of the senior leadership team to set the organizations short-term and long-term finance goals and objectives, and ensures that the goals and objectives of the Finance department are in line with those of the business and supports all related business activities including industry analysis for new business development.
- Responsible for capital planning and analytics
- Directs and prepares financial analyses of operations for guidance to management to reach optimal financial efficiency and reduced costs.
- Coordinates annual audit, working closely with external audit team to produce audited financial statements to be released with annual Franchise Disclosure Documents.
- Functions as the key liaison with Transform SR LLC in providing required financial data to the parent organization on a timely and accurate basis.
- Preparation and on-going management of financial budgets, forecasts, as well as strategic growth.
- Responsible for all financial reporting of the Company internally with management as well as externally to Home Services.
- Responsible for credit compliance available to the network including training and PCI compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPA Certification or Master's equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in a similar role
- Excellent analytical and planning ability
- Ability to influence change within a broad management group
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities and the ability to manage microcomputer operations and applications
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to listen
- Outstanding organization skills, with the ability to function effectively without a large support structure
- High level of maturity, tact, sensitivity and diplomacy, with the ability to work within a diverse setting
- Advanced computer knowledge of Microsoft Office and web based applications, Crystal Reports, Access Databases and Time Keeping Software