Molding Machine Operator
Location: Charlestown, IN
1. GENERAL FUNCTION - Operates injection molding machines and inspects parts for good quality. 2. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A. Performs packing and labeling of parts. Also performs simple assembly of parts, and the general inspection of parts produced.
- B. Responsible for effectively performing daily machine audits verifying all machine functions are acceptable per the daily operator audit sheet.
- C. Notifies Supervisor of any production or quality concerns.
- D. Responsible for maintenance and cleaning of factory, machines, and tools. Also responsible for miscellaneous duties as directed by the supervisor.
- E. Operates the injection molding machines for production.
- F. Ensures efficient operation of all machines, performs simple production troubleshooting activities, and ensures adequate material supply at all times.
- G. Responsible for moisturizing parts (If applicable) as needed.
- H. After being trained on all molding presses and molding assembly stations, Operator can assist with giving breaks and lunches, when requested by the Molding Supervisor.
- I. After completing the required training course on scanning, Operator will then be able to scan product from the Molding Press, and Molding Assembly Station to the Tugger Area, when requested by the Molding Supervisor.
* Non Essential *
- J. Ability to set dies in machines if trained on level 2 Paulson.
4. PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES
- A. High School diploma/GED preferred.
- B. Good written and oral communication skills.
- C. Must have adequate test score on: Math, and Mechanical Comprehension tests.
- A. Must be able to stand/walk greater than 7.5 hours a day.
- B. Must be able to perform finger and hand dexterity 40% in an h 7.5 hour day.
- C. Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- D. Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, push and pull frequently.
- E. Must be able to wear safety glasses.