80 hours per two week pay period. Under the supervision of a radiologist and lead technologist, competently performs ultrasonic imaging procedures. Must have the ability to recognize cross-sectional anatomy. Responsible for providing excellent customer service and complying with hospital policies and procedures. Uses the RIS/PACS and HIS for proper recording of patient exams and dissemination of patient results.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program if hired after 2002.
- Preferred completion an AMA approved and accredited Radiology Technology program.
Minimum Work Experience
- Prior experience or training in general abdomen ultrasound, OB/GYN, pelvic, transvaginal, breast, carotid/venous studies, and small parts.
- ARDMS certified or ARDMS eligible (must become certified within first year of employment), and must be scheduled to take or have already passed the ARDMS Sonography Principles and Instrumentation Exam.
- BLS Certification through American Heart Association.
- Must obtain 24 ECE credits, in a two year period, for re-certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to provide care based on physical and psychosocial development and safety issues to patients of all age groups, including infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Demonstrated moderate knowledge of basic computer skills.