Location: Honolulu, HI
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 /Year
Ref ID: 01200-0011254962
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $55000.00 to $60000.00 yearly
If you're looking to further your career as a Staff Accountant, the innovative team at Robert Half Finance is currently offering a full-time opportunity in the Healthcare, Hospitals, Social Assistance industry that you might be interested in. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, various aspects of internal reporting will be under your responsibility. Lend your skills towards developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and look over schedules for the reporting processes. This position plays an intricate part in producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This Honolulu, Hawaii area-based position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
- Perform the month end close and produce journal entries under minimal supervision
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billings, and transactions
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Thorough experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls. Also ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Prepare analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management to report on
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Foundational knowledge in Grant Management
- Solid understanding of grant accounting
- Expertise in Government Grants
- Account reconciliation experience highly desired
- Well-founded grasp of GAAP Accounting
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong familiarity with Federal Grant
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.