Client Partner I
Location: Cleveland, OH
Want to join one of the nations best employers? Interested in providing small and medium sized businesses with solutions that make them grow? Do you like serving customers and care about people? Then maybe Heartland is for you:
We're looking for team members who are excited by our mantra - entrepreneurs respectfully serving entrepreneurs, and who want to work in a culture built on care, focus and quality.
We need customer-focused, can-do, team-oriented folks who are ok having fun.
The Client Partner I builds the new client account and supports the new client during their initial integration and processing of first payrolls with the Heartland Payroll System. The Client Partner is accountable for managing a portfolio of new basic clients and be the first touch point in the client’s experience using Heartland Payroll.
What will you be doing?
- Drive client engagement by being the single point of contact for the client from post sale through initial payroll processing period before the turnover to Client Services Team.
- Develop strong client relationships through care, focus and quality in every step of the client experience.
- Become an expert in the Heartland Payroll System and support new basic clients with varying levels of sophistication.
- Compare and contrast previous payroll system to the Heartland Payroll System to ensure accurate account build and accurate payroll processing.
- Assist clients to navigate and learn technical aspects and self-service options.
- Ability to self-direct as circumstances change and priorities shift without micromanagement to support entrepreneur-spirited work environment.
- Maintain working knowledge of all compliance and regulatory procedures to ensure new clients conform with operational goals and procedures.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners to achieve top-notch client experience and client retention.
- Effectively communicate and professionally represent New Client Services and Payroll Operations internally and externally.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years experience in technology, customer-facing role or sales
- Computer literate with strong technical aptitude and a drive to learn
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of accounts with prioritization and multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrates client-centric mentality with empathy, care and high engagement attitude
- Ability to successfully operate in an entrepreneurially-spirited work environment
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills and comfortable making quality decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- High personal accountability to meet team and individual metrics
- Outstanding organizational and follow up skills
2+ years experience in Operations, Sales Support or client-facing position
Responsible for other duties or projects as assigned.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.