Bankruptcy Specialist II
Location: Plano, TX
Job ID 2018-7250
Position Category Servicing
Company Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC
Position Type Regular
Carrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States.
Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics and investor reporting - all while preserving home ownership and providing world-class servicing. We're always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind. Join us.
The Bankruptcy Specialist II is responsible for monitoring residential mortgage loans in the Bankruptcy process to minimize potential losses and preserve the lien-holder's interests.
What you'll do:
- Audits and reviews Motions for Relief, Agreed Orders, and Notices of Default for accuracy and thoroughness and coordinates corrections as necessary on any Bankruptcy Chapters.
- Verifies/researches borrower payment history and resolves payment posting discrepancies (i.e. Ledger Balancing).
- Receives and responds to incoming calls from bankruptcy attorneys and/or other interested parties with inquiries regarding residential mortgage accounts in the bankruptcy process.
- Responds to inquiries from internal departments regarding bankruptcy related issues. Handles highly escalated inquiries.
- Provide management with recommended solutions to bankruptcy agreements or disputes.
- Handles more complex tasks and manual calculations of figures such as Motions for Relief and Proof of Claim figures.
You'll love this job if you're:
- Adaptable and Ambitious. You enthusiastically take on other projects to help take your team to the next level!
- Quality Focused and Industrious. You're passionate about maintaining high standards and delivering results.
- Systematic and Diligent. You have a keen focus on the details and like to follow a plan.
What you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Two to five years' experience in a bankruptcy role in the banking, finance or mortgage industry.
Carrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.