Care Extender Coordinator
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Pay: $16.00 - $17.60 /Hour
Ref ID: 03100-0011260837
Classification: Patient Service Representative
Compensation: $16.00 to $17.60 hourly
Do you love to serve your community? Are you filled with compassion for others and want a fulfilling career that will allow you the ability to help? OfficeTeam has an amazing job opportunity for you!
The Care Extender Coordinator will provide support to the Population Health Team of one of our clients in the healthcare industry. This individual will work a case load that is assigned based on the member’s contractual needs. This individual must be trustworthy, have a flexible schedule, excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and be a team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This individual is responsible to meet all contractual requirements established by Mindoula and the client
Outreach and Engagement:
• Initial outreach and engagement to a cohort of members
• Continuous outreach and engagement on a regular basis (as contracted)
• Develops and coordinates community resources with emphasis on medical, behavioral, violence prevention and social services.
• Assess member’s for risk, make quick evaluations for risk, and respond within the parameters outlined within their safety plan, formulating and performing crisis intervention the ensures the safety of members as necessary.
• Assess the options for care including use of benefits and community resources to develop and update the care plan.
• Guide members in the development of skills and/or strategies for managing problems and triggers to increase relapse prevention and reduce risk.
• Encourage members to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills and develop social relationships.
• Educate members about mental or physical illness, abuse, violence prevention, medication, and available community and social resources.
• Schedule or facilitates scheduling appointments and follow-up services.
• Schedule or facilitates scheduling appointments to conduct assessments or face to face visits in the community as needed.
• Monitor, evaluate, and record members’ progress according to measurable goals described in members’ plan.
• Acts as liaison and member advocate between the member/family, physician and facilities/agencies.
• Contacts members to remind them about upcoming appointments and/or missed appointments.
• Interacts continuously with member, family, physician(s) and other providers utilizing clinical knowledge and expertise to lower over-utilization of unnecessary resources.
• Requests consultation and diagnostic reports from network specialists.
• Reports critical incidents and information regarding the quality of care issues.
Reporting and Documentation:
• Prepare and maintain all required records, reports, paperwork, and members’ diagnostic records, maintaining confidentiality of members at all times.
• Develop and implement modifications to members’ plan based on clinical experience and knowledge and in response to changes in members’ status, as requested and no less than once every three months.
• Use clear and accurate communication skills (both verbal and written) to facilitate communication with the members, members’ family/caregivers, with staff, and treatment team; produce high quality documentation that enables the members to receive the best treatment possible.
• Maintains accurate records of case management activities in the Mindoula Admin System.
• Accurately complete all case notes in a professional, timely manner.
• This position requires up to 50% local travel and may require state-wide travel as needed
Customer Service, Directory Services, Medicaid Services, MS Excel, MS Outlook
OfficeTeam is the world's leader in professional staffing for office support jobs, focusing exclusively on the temporary and temporary-to-full-time placement of professionals in the administrative field. We are faster at finding you work because of the depth of our client network. Specifically, our professional staffing managers connect with thousands of hiring managers in North America every week to find your office support job opportunities. We evaluate all of our OfficeTeam temporaries' skills and match them with the needs of top employers in their area.
Apply for this job now or contact us today at 888.490.4154 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.