Associate Microbiologist I - Second Shift
Location: Madison, WI
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
At Eurofins US Microbiology, our goal is to make sure your individual testing profile meets both regulatory compliance and your overall program objectives in the most accurate and timely manner possible. Our technical staff of microbiologists and customer service representatives will work with you to choose the appropriate tests, methods and frequencies best suited to your specific needs.
Eurofins is searching for an Associate Microbiologist I in Madison, WI.
Associate Microbiologist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
The ideal candidate would possess
- Use of proper handling procedures and aseptic technique.
- Prepare composites of routine samples.
- Perform initial dilutions and enrichments of samples.
- Perform sample plating for quantification.
- Perform transfers.
- Perform instrumentation work with guidance as needed.
- Perform diagnostics and reporting work with guidance as needed.
- Perform project work with guidance as needed.
- Perform routine cleaning and quality checks for equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning of work areas.
- Media preparation and quality control, including all appropriate documentation.
- Autoclave operation.
- Document work and maintain laboratory records.
- Plan for assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- 4 year applicable degree.
- 4 year degree can be supplemented with a combination of experience and an associate degree
- Experience required 0 - 2 years
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens.
- May work with potentially hazardous substances.
- Work requires use of PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Work may require lifting of weights of up to 40 lbs.
Position is full-time, Tuesday-Sunday 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Madison, WI are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com . Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.