Geriatric Nursing Assistant
Location: Elkridge, MD
Shifts Available: 7am - 3pm, 3pm - 11pm & 11pm - 7am
Are you a GNA with a passion for improving the lives of others? If so, join our team and be a part of an amazing community! Customer Service is of the highest importance and we are currently seeking caring staff members to join our team to provide direct patient care in a family focused environment. Some of the things you will find at Lorien Health that you may not find elsewhere include teamwork and positive attitudes, endless career opportunities from a company that likes to promote from within. If you are a licensed GNA in the state of Maryland we want to talk with you!
Lorien Elkridge is CMS Certified 5 Star Facility! Our team is rockin and rollin. Come join us!
Check out our website at www.LorienHealth.com
As a Geriatric Nursing Assistant, you will provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and service based upon each resident's individual care plan. Since you will have the most regular contact with residents, it will also be your responsibility to remain attentive to any change in resident condition, and immediately report such changes to the nurse on duty.
Your specific duties as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant will include:
- Providing residents with a positive and family-focused environment
- Ensuring that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect
- Cleaning, bathing and dressing residents
- Distributing food trays and feeding residents
- Documenting food input and waste output, meal percentage consumed, etc.
- Straightening and cleaning resident rooms and ensuring that they look presentable
- Assisting with admission, transfer and discharge of residents as required
- Creating and maintaining an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout your unit and shift
- Changing resident bedding
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information
- Transporting residents to and from activities, rehab appointments, etc., as required
- Reporting any complaints from residents or family members
- Assisting residents with bowel and bladder functions
- Participating in all required in-service programs
- Maintaining communication with staff and nurses via call system communicator
- Working with residents based on the maturity level at which they are currently functioning
- Maintaining the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and the proper performance of assigned duties