Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Location: Carlisle, PA
The Production Supervisor coordinates the actives of employees who execute manufacturing and production schedules and ensures that actual production meets scheduled requirements. This position supervises and coordinates activities of employees within a multi-shift facility, engaged in operating a variety of presses, painting lines, assembly and packing lines used in the production of non-powered goods.
• Direct daily employee actives, ensures proper levels of staffing, checks actual against scheduled production and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
• Controls load factors and flow of work to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools and equipment
• Drive key operational measurements; safety, inventory, cost, productivity, efficiency, fulfillment, on-time delivery & quality
• Exercise independent judgment with staffing and operational decisions
• Provides leadership and motivation to center employees to achieve production goals and resolve issues, conducts annual performance evaluations and provides daily feedback
• Create and maintain safe work environment
• Coordinate and store inventory, conduct regular quality checks
• Provide feedback during performance evaluations and one on one conversations
• Maintain Etime to ensure employees are paid properly
• Ensure associates follow Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to company policies
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Relevant Work Experience/Requirements
• Primarily limited to local travel
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms (which may include above and/or below shoulders); bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping; fine work, pushing/pulling and low speed assembly. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accomomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Ames offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, paid holidays & vacation, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.