Location: Columbia, MD
The primary purpose of the Registered Nurse (RN) is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following list reflects essential duties and responsibilities. Leadership may reassign, reallocate, or add any responsibilities to this list at any time. This list is meant to provide an overview and is non-exhaustive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Consult with the resident’s physician in providing the resident’s care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc., and requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by physician.
• Administer professional services such as catheterization, tube feedings, applying and changing dressings/bandages, taking blood, medication administration, care for the dead/dying, and others.
• Use restraints only when necessary and in accordance with established policies and procedures and work with interdisciplinary team to reduce the use of restraints when possible.
• Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident as well as the resident’s response to care, transcribe physician’s orders, medication cards and treatment/care plans and review Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription, and adherence to stop order policies.
• Participate in orientation for new residents/family members to the facility.
• Review resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches, and revisions based on nursing needs and assist in planning, scheduling, and revising the MDS, including the implementation of RAP’s and Triggers.
• Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your unit/shift at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
• Protect residents by adhering to infection control and isolation procedures and following reporting procedures.
• Advocate for resident rights by maintaining confidentiality of care information and reporting all allegations of resident abuse immediately to the Charge Nurse/ADON in compliance with department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.