Location: Waterloo, IA
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we’re dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation’s infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today.
Ferguson is currently seeking an experienced leader to serve as a Shift Manager in our Waterloo Distribution Center. The ideal candidate will have a strong record of driving performance improvement initiatives, fostering an engaging workplace and a focus on Safety First! A DC Shift Manager will assume responsibility for all operational aspects of the distribution center workflow while maintain the highest of standards in all areas of team performance.
- Accountable to the Operations Manager for providing leadership, direction and support to Department Managers and DC Associates as they achieve Distribution Center objectives.
- Hire, develop, and support a high performing team of associates, setting weekly work schedules and managing labor costs as directed.
- Responsible for leading and enforcing safe work practices, quality standards and engaging the team to deliver productivity goals within the Distribution Center
- Responsible for managing activities of the distribution center, involving the receipt, movement and control of inventory to satisfy internal and external customer needs.
- Manage work assignments to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively to achieve required targets within each functional area of the DC.
- Coordinate and provide timely reporting of data and scheduled reports to monitor and improve the operation.
- Provide ongoing performance coaching and evaluation to guide managers and associates in meeting performance objectives.
- Develop and implement materials handling procedures; monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimize resources, achieve volume, timeliness, reliability, and safety standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety standards and adheres to all safety policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Participate in leadership meetings and represent associate concerns, policies and guidelines to the management team.
- Conduct and participate in regular associate meetings within the DC.
- Represent the organization to customers, associates and leadership as needed.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience is in supply chain, logistics or a related field.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams.
- Process improvement experience or Lean Six Sigma training/and or certification is highly preferred.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.