Location: Hazelwood, MO
Ref ID: 02420-0011261716
Classification: Accounting Clerk
Are you looking for an Accounting Clerk position with great benefits, a nice work space/office, and a thriving team culture? Candidates who can take responsibility for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry, and assist in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) will be able to advance their careers as the new Accounting Clerk for this well-known, successful organization. The Accounting Clerk position is a full-time role in the St. Louis, Missouri, area. Don't hesitate to take advantage of this opportunity with Robert Half Finance!
- Accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
- Perform general accounting tasks, such as G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, and other ad hoc projects
- Utilize a number of sources to create statements and reports
- Assist Accounts Receivable with processing daily invoices/credit, applying cash receipts, and collecting past due balances
- Use various methods to add financial information to journals and ledgers
- Help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, and other general accounting projects
- Resolve discrepancies by examining possible sources of disagreement, recreating likely actions, and identifying the effect on other accounts; generate correction documents as required
- Carry out other related duties and work on special projects as assigned
- Accurately code documents with expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Bank reconciliations experience highly desired
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Deep understanding of Check Runs
- Adeptness in Credit Card Reconciliation
- Journal entries experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to prioritize needs and expedite tasks upon request
- 3+ years of accounting experience required
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Prior knowledge in Spreadsheet and ERP system
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.