Tool and Die Maker Repairer
Location: Elyria, OH
Tool & Die Maker/Repairer
Compensation: paying up to $27.68; must be flexible to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. Additional shift differential.
About Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a leading global diversified industrial known for superior quality, continual innovation and rigorous operational discipline. We are a global leader in providing tools and storage as well as security services.
For the builders and protectors, the makers and explores and those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, we provide the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done since 1843.
You repair your home and car with the tools we provide. Your car and your phone are secured with our fasteners. The things you value most can be protected by our security systems. And the roads you drive on, the bridges you cross, the energy you consume, all of these most likely came to you via one of our infrastructure systems.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries.
Nelson Stud Welding, part of Stanley Black & Decker’s Engineered Fastening division, is the inventor of the stud welding process and global leader in drawn arc stud welding and stud welded fasteners. Nelson Stud Welding supports a wide range of customers in the Construction, Industrial, and Shipbuilding markets. Headquartered in Elyria, Ohio, Nelson Stud Welding has been providing its global customers with turnkey solutions for their fastening needs for over 75 years. It is our mission to be a leader in the worldwide stud welding market. We will continuously improve our products and services to meet our customers’ needs. It is our employees who are the key to accomplishing this mission.
Within Nelson Stud Welding an opening is currently available for a Tool and Die Maker/Repairer at our West Ridge Rd. location in Elyria, OH. This position schedule rotates all 3 shifts every 2 weeks.
The Tool and Die Maker/Repairer sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and machining centers to fabricate metallic and parts, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
1. Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, and setup requirements to determine optical sequence of operations.
2. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders
3. Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
4. Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
5. Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments
6. Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
7. May create machine replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment
8. Must be available to work overtime as needed.
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
2. 5+ years’ of Tool and Die Making/Repairing experience
3. Journeyman Certification and/or Apprenticeship preferred
1. Must have knowledge of materials – availability, general characteristics, machinability, heat treating/stress relieving procedures
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-verify employer.