Location: Portsmouth, NH
Ref ID: 02600-0011167962
Classification: Systems Engineer
Robert Half Technology is looking for a systems engineer with a deep understanding of networking and load-balancing. Systems Engineer will perform a variety of tasks, including reviewing and applying system updates, systems configurations, system builds, software installations, data management and backup tasks, as well as operational tasks such as help desk support and importing and exporting of client data.
What you get to do every single day
• Maintain servers, load-balancers, and NetApps across a variety of locations
• Influence and build new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems
• A willingness to work as an effective team member with extensive peer interaction
• A willingness to work outside the job description.
• A desire to be of service to a wide variety of internal and external customers
• The desire to understand the use, implementation and value of Mingle Analytics applications and services.
• The ability to learn quickly and readily ask for assistance.
• The ability to function in a rapidly changing environment with incomplete documentation and fluid roles.
• Engage in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning
What you bring to the role
• Manage, design, implement MS solutions
• Windows Build/Imaging Processes
• MS Operating Systems and tools
• PowerShell, AD Toolset, Azure Portal tools
• Azure Cloud Service configuration
• SQL DB Service
• Web Services
• MS O365
• Active Directory, Group Policy
• Firewalls and switch
- It is preferred for applicants to have solid scripting skills - You'll be a good fit for this position if you have solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks - You'll be a good fit for this position if you have experience with monitoring systems - If you have solid networking knowledge, you will be strongly preferred for this position - It is preferred for applicants to have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems - Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server - Solid understanding of Windows Azure - VMware experience - Microsoft Office 365 experience - Adeptness in Hyper-V - Foundational knowledge in Cisco Products - It is preferred for applicants to have experience with virtualization and containerization - Experience with automation software is required for success at this position
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.