Location: Fairbanks, AK
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform day to day trouble shooting, fault isolation, analysis and complete functional check-out of complex radar systems equipment
• Develops, documents, and implements engineering solutions to solve complex technical problems for a variety of range assets
• Performs design, development, and integration of replacement hardware, firmware, and software as needed to extend legacy system operation under established project deadlines
• Derives, produces, and maintains and technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications from OEM documentation
• Proposes solutions, alternatives, and recommendations for range asset improvements to range management
• Provides critical engineering support and technical guidance to system technicians in all aspects of radar repair and operation
• Work inside and outside in various temperatures providing engineering guidance to facilitate repair and maintenance of radar equipment and associated systems
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of an Electrical Engineering Bachelor's degree and ten years work related experience, or a Master's degree and three years' work related experience or a Ph.D. in a relevant, technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Candidate should have knowledge of radar theory and operation, signal generations techniques, RF system, RF test equipment experience.
• This position requires a senior level of proficiency to apply significant job related experience.
• This job will assist others as a lead practitioner of Russian radar systems operations and maintenance.
• The primary or most necessary skills required for this job are analytical skills to read OEM equipment manuals, schematics, and provide insight into operations of Flap Lid, Clam Shell, SA-11, SA-15, and other radar systems.
• Other important skills include communication skills, computer skills, leadership, and problem solving skills.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of 3 years' experience working with NTTR, White Sands, JPARC, or equivalent Range Instrumentation and Architecture
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled