Manager, Human Resources
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Manager, Human Resources
Viracor Eurofins is dedicated to being the leading specialty diagnostics laboratory partner in immunology, infectious disease, and allergy testing. We offer a range of unique clinical laboratory and biopharmaceutical services and provide exceptional test turnaround times. More than 4,000 healthcare providers, commercial laboratories, and biopharmaceutical companies rely on us for our unique and convenient services.
Viracor Eurofins is searching for a Manager, Human Resources in Lee's Summit, MO .
This is a Full Time position. Schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lee's Summit, Missouri are encouraged to apply.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Manager of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for research, development, evaluation, implementation, communication and administration of HR functions and programs. These functions and programs include, but are not limited to: employment, associate relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, succession planning, training, and compliance. Manages a team of HR Specialists and coordinates closely with the Eurofins HR National Service Center.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Establish overall strategy for HR department; key member of the leadership team
- Direct management of functional HR areas such as recruiting/employment, benefits, performance management, compensation, associate relations
- Design and develop organizational efficiencies based on needs of human resources and gap assessments
- Position management
- Create and execute strategies for departmental and organizational succession management; oversee plan on an ongoing basis
- Oversee development and implementation of new functions and programs
- Present company HR updates at Board meetings
- Demonstrate strong understanding of corporate financial plan and manage personnel spend accordingly
- Chair Executive Compensation Committee meetings; oversee Eurofins's KEL process for Viracor
- Develop overall corporate compensation philosophy
- Oversee development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Ultimate signatory for HR vendor negotiations and contracts
- Ensure legal compliance with all programs, policies and practices
- Understand and communicate industry and legal trends; regulatory and compliance requirements
- Counsel Associates on career development
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills through supervision, coaching and mentoring of others
- Direct due diligence and operational tasks of mergers and acquisitions
- Demonstrate ability to manage conflicts and issues regarding matters of significance
- Demonstrate ability to make hiring and termination decisions
- Utilize strong network of contacts both inside and outside the Company
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established Company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Other duties as assigned by management, including interim management of other departments or functions
- Demonstrate exceptional stewardship of Company resources; focused on making data-driven decisions
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or other related business field required
- 7+ years of professional Human Resources experience preferred
- 2+ years of management preferred
- Previous experience as an HR Generalist or Business Partner preferred
- PHR, SPHR, or GPHR certification preferred
- Broad knowledge of business operations and impact of HR actions
- In-depth knowledge of HR legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to foster team building with mutual respect, Associate development and problem solving abilities
- In-depth understanding of budget and fiscal responsibility
- Ability to influence leadership and others
- Ability to partner directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on employee relations issues and/or a variety of personnel matters
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as job dictates
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding matters of significance
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs, particularly Excel
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites www.viracor-eurofins.com and www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams, reference labs and biopharmaceutical companies get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information - never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients we serve. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.