Security Engineer I
Location: Cleveland, OH
The Information Security Engineer helps to safeguard the organization’s computer networks and systems. They plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. To accomplish their primary goal of protecting computer systems and networks, Information Security Engineers perform many tasks. Some of their responsibilities will be developing Information Security Plans and Policies. They also plan and carry out our organization’s information security strategy. They will help develop a set of security standards and best practices for the organization and recommend security baselines.
- Keeps current on security risks and trends
- Establishing and constructing security standards and best practices that an organization should follow
- Implementing security controls to protect an organization’s infrastructure, computer system, and digital files
- Organizing and conducting scans and testing in order to identify vulnerabilities
- Reporting results of scanning or testing and providing security recommendations for further system security enhancement directly to the management
- Preparing and documenting standard operating procedures and protocols
- Responsible for the technical IT security strategy, proposing and implementing systems and processes to continuously reduce the risks and effects of hacking and cyber-crime
- Ensuring that the organization is aware of security incidents as much as possible, as quickly as possible
- Prioritize and proactively engage infrastructure teams to manage the vulnerabilities that pose the most risk and develop a plan to make efficient and effective remediation plans.
- Conducting penetration testing by simulating an attack on the system to find exploitable weaknesses
- Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions to include File Integrity Monitoring and Data Loss Prevention
- Responsible for regular security testing with high quality reporting. Responsible for the subsequent hardening of IT systems based on results of regular tests
- Monitoring networks and systems for security breaches, through the use of software that detect intrusions and abnormal system behavior
- Responsible for implementing a Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system and to be responsible for the monitoring, analysis and escalation of incidents captured.
- Responding to any security breaches or intrusions that may occur
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or comparable on the job experience
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision
- Respect for confidential information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.