Registered Nurse (RN) - Heartburn Center
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Memorial Medical Center
- Receives all referrals for the Heartburn Center, those faxed in, those called in and eventually those sent from the web site after the patient has taken their OLS
- Initial placement of the patient in the tracker
- Initial In-take of patient
- Collection of any diagnostic results done by other physicians if available (pH, Manometry, UGI, EGD and Pathology)
- Responsible for engagement of patient throughout the process
- Responsible for initiating a New Patient Consult once all available diagnostics have been collected. Updating the tracker with the New Patient Consult date
- Ensures all tests ordered by the Surgeon have been set up and updates tracker. Monitors tracker to ensure results are received in a timely manner, scanned into the chart and read by the Surgeon.
- Educating the Heartburn patients about their diagnostic procedures (pH, Manometry, UGI, EGD) and letting the patient know of the approximate time required for testing.
- Pre-op and Post-op Patient education for all Heartburn procedures (TIFF, LINX, Nissen, Stretta)
- The Navigator will ensure all educational books are made up and ready for patients, to include the Spanish versions
- Chart checks and orders for all Bariatric and Heartburn Surgical Patients
- Rounding on all Heartburn Surgical Patients
- Making all post-op follow-up calls on Heartburn Patients
- 2 Week follow-up and diet education for all Heartburn patients
- Collection of Patient Satisfaction measures identified by the Director
- Data Collection for PI measures identified by the Director
- Reports directly to the Heartburn Director with PI and Quality measures collected for analysis to be reported in the Administration and PI meetings.
- Reports directly to the Heartburn Director with Patient Satisfaction measures collected for analysis to be reported in the Administration and PI meetings.
- Triaging Patient calls
- Responsible for pH and all Monometry testing for the center and the hospital
- Works closely with the Heartburn Surgeon and Surgical Nurse Practitioner as needed
Minimum Education: Graduate from of School of Nursing Program.
Minimum Experience: Two to fours years hospital RN experience.
Licensure/Certification: Current (or eligible) New Mexico or compact RN license required. CPR certification required. Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran