Location: Lebanon, NH
Ref ID: 02600-0011092496
Classification: Systems Engineer
Systems Engineers should apply for this opportunity to join a team with a local client Robert Half Technology is working with. This position requires you to serve as a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure. Don't wait - apply today!
Your responsibilities in this role
• Provide high-level support and technical expertise for IT platforms
• Plan and assess enterprise technology strategy and architecture
• Create possibilities, solve problems, and establish a close working relationship with customers
• Watch and trial application performance for potential bottlenecks, recognize possible solutions, and function with developers to carry out those fixes
• Retain redundancy strategies, backup, and security
• Inscribe and uphold custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
• This position is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
• Work together with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Articulate with ability to clearly demonstrate the value proposition to the customer
• Adept at providing technical solutions based on customer needs per the practice areas
• Govern and oversee all installed systems and infrastructure
• Lend a hand to the design of information and operational support systems
• Display active participation to warrant the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Maintain, test, configure, and install application software, operating systems, and system management tools
• Experience with Windows Server, Exchange, Lan/Wan, Cisco, VMware, Deployments, routing, switching, Active Directory, Security, and system design.
- This position requires a candidate with solid scripting skills - VMware experience desired - Knowledge of Cisco Products - Proven knowledge of network design - Security experience highly desired - General familiarity with Firewall - Well-founded grasp of Active Directory - Hyper-V experience preferred - Deep understanding of Windows Azure - If you're looking for job openings and have solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks, you might be a good fit for this position - Solid networking knowledge - If you're looking for job openings and have experience with virtualization and containerization, you might be a good fit for this position - 0+ years of relevant experience - If you have experience with monitoring systems, you will be strongly preferred for this position - Candidates who have experience with automation software will be the best fit for this position - This position requires a candidate with proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.