Human Resources Office Manager-Direct Hire
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Pay: $65,000.00 - $95,000.00 /Year
Office Manager-Direct Hire
Express is looking for an Office Manager-Direct Hire to start immediately with a company in East Brunswick, NJ.
Our client offers the following for permanent employees:
· 401K Profit Sharing: 401k 1% match, after a year of employment there will be 2 additional retirements plans up to 6% company contribution
· Paid Time Off (PTO): 10 vacation days, 5 sick days, 2 personal days accrued on the first year
· Insurances: Subsidized premium plans - Medical, Dental, Vision, Group long term disability, short term disability, life insurance
· FSA, HRA
Management of Office
- Collaborate with the IT Company to ensue computer set-ups and IT problems get resolved. Assist in assessing and acquiring hardware, software and other items as required.
- Evening and weekend coverage for out-of-ordinary or emergency events such as, but not limited to, computer or equipment repair, after-hour appointments.
- Ensure that adequate and optimum quantities of forms and office supplies and snacks are available.
- Research and negotiate discounts for purchase of office supplies and maintain office supply inventory, including stationary, envelopes and business cards.
- Keep all office equipment in good working order, which includes scheduling of routine maintenance of office equipment.
- Evaluate purchase of new office equipment and prepare cost analysis for approval by CFO.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for administrative and personnel files both in paper and electronically.
- Assist the Office Director with Human Resource responsibilities including acting as a liaison and providing instructions and guidance to staff on HR procedures and documentation requirements.
- Regular and consistent research of updates regarding federal and state regulations, compliance and employee law and benefits guidelines. Communicate findings with the Executive Vice President/Office Director and Payroll Manager, where necessary.
- Provide mentorship to staff by personally practicing high professional standards including business formal attire, manners and etiquette, business appropriate social media and respect/discretion with personal matters of all staff.
- Liaison to the Executive Vice President and Office Director with all issues regarding staff including achievement, disciplinary action, health and personal (seeking staff member’s permission to share health/personal each occurrence).
- Communicate to the Payroll Manager all collection and processing of employment documentation (hires, terminations, leaves and changes) including job descriptions, change of status forms and all legally required documents.
- Monitor daily attendance. Monitor and record staff PTO on computer software.
- Post open positions on various Internet job boards and coordinate recruitment searches with specified recruiting agency personnel.
- Manage the HR inbox. Deliver emails to the applicable party, when received.
- Screen resumes conduct phone and in-person interviews to assist the recruitment of staff.
- Conduct on-boarding for new staff and assist with exit procedures.
- Create, maintain and organize staff files in accordance with employment law requirements.
- Create files for new hire paperwork: work alongside the Payroll Manager to ensure that all paperwork is received and completed.
- Review and update the Staff Guidelines as necessary, and reissue annually along with all required Federal and State documents.
- Create archive files
- Maintain the accurate filing of I-9 documents.
- Answer telephones quickly and efficiently, using a multiline telephone system.
- Screen executive telephone calls as instructed.
- Receive and transmit telephone messages accurately and promptly.
- Greet clients and visitors as soon as they arrive in the office in a professional and friendly manner by offering and serving drinks and snacks.
- Order lunch for the Executive Team and for all meetings requiring meal or snack preparations.
- Clean the conference room immediately after each meeting concludes.
What We Look for in a Office Manager-Direct Hire :
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University preferred; or three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Excellent English writing skills to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals with professional expression, precise grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Database software and Internet software and usage.